Phone: (614) 792-7800
Fax: (614) 792-7803
Tara is originally from Southeastern Ohio. Tara graduated from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. During law school, Tara was an active member of the Ohio State Moot Court Program, including participation on the competitive travel team where she was nationally recognized for her oral advocacy.
As an associate attorney, Tara’s practice focuses on family law, including the areas of divorce, dissolution, custody, post-decree modifications, termination of spousal support, child support modification, and grandparents rights. Tara also takes a special interest in parentage and reproductive legal rights. Tara believes in aggressively advocating for her clients throughout all stages of their representation. She is dedicated to clear and consistent communication as the cornerstone of a successful case.
Outside of work, Tara enjoys buckeye football, travel, and spending time with her family and friends, and her two Australian Shepherds–Riesling and Merlot.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Columbus, OH Juris Doctor 2017
- CALI Award of Excellence in Trial Practice
- Moritz Academic Merit Scholarship; Central Ohio Association for Justice Scholarship
- Ohio State Journal on Criminal Law, Chief Managing Editor 2016-2017; Staff Editor 2015-2016
- Federalist Society, National Chapter of the Year Award 2017, Secretary 2016-2017
- Moot Court Travel Team: ABA Nat’l Appellate Advocacy Competition, San Francisco Region, 6th Best Oral Advocate
- Moritz Moot Court Competitions: Best Oral Advocate 2016; Sweet-Sixteen Finalist 2015
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Cum Laude, 2012
- Morrill Excellence Scholarship (full-tuition)
- Graduated in three years, Dean’s List Honors (9 of 11 quarters)
- Mock Trial Competition Team, Regional Champions, National Competitors
- Undergraduate Student Government, Committee of Academic Affairs, Associate Director, Head of Libraries
- Phi Sigma Theta, National Honors Fraternity
Smith, Rolfes, & Skavdhal, LPA, Columbus, OH November 2015 – August 2017
The Honorable Michael H. Watson, U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio May 2015 – August 2015
State of Ohio
Columbus Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association